Now seems like a good time to reflect in the lull between the holidays and the promise of the new year. Last year I started a project to keep track of my year. Every time something great happens, I write myself a note and put it in a mason jar. Sometimes it’s easy to lose track of the memories and accomplishments day by day. However, when you look at the sum of the whole year, it is easy to remember how blessed you are. Lakeshore has been unbelievably blessed in its ministry this year. Today, I’d like to share with you some of the things that I think would show up in Lakeshore’s mason jar.
68 summers later, Lakeshore’s ministry is still going strong and growing every year. We ask for your prayers and support for the continuation and growth of this ministry in 2017.
The wait is over! It’s finally here! Registration is open for Summer 2017: Branching Out! Are you ready to sign up?
A few things you should know.
- There are nearly 40 camps to choose from for kids ages 5-18. We are excited to offer new camps like Aquatics and Board Game Camp while expanding opportunities for Hammocking Camp and Dayshore. If you haven’t gotten a chance to look at the opportunities and dates, do so here.
- In an effort to make camp affordable and attainable for every child, we are offering both Tiered Pricing and Payment Plans. For information on how it works, find all the details here. Call the Lakeshore office at (731) 584-6102 for more information.
- Reserve your spot here, get in your roommate requests, and mark your calendars for the best summer ever!
See you at the ‘Shore!
The holiday season is expensive. So many presents, cards, parties, hostess gifts, cookie swaps, stocking stuffers–the list goes on and on. Sometimes the organizations you love and support get pushed to the bottom of that never-ending shopping list.
We have a few ways that you can support Lakeshore Camp and Retreat Center that won’t cost you any money.
- Kroger Community Rewards: For those of you who shop the Right Store. Right Price
with your handy, dandy Kroger card on you keychain, this non-monetary option will be a bargain on your time with big results for us. Click here to create your rewards account. Have your Kroger card number ready and search for Lakeshore Camp and Retreat Center as your organization of choice.
- Amazon Smile: All you Prime members, this one is especially for you. You can support Lakeshore with one click every time you make a purchase. Add our official incorporated name, Lakeshore United Methodist Asssembly, to your Amazon Smile account for us to gain the reward points. Login to https://smile.amazon.com/ with your Amazon account and designate us as your charity.
- Matching Gifts: Lots of companies have a donation matching program. You can find out more about your company’s program through their intranet or by contacting Human Resources. See a list of just some of the companies with matching gift programs below:
Ameriprise Financial, Cigna, Medtronic, State Farm, AT&T, Cummins, Inc., Nike, SunTrust Bank, AutoZone, First Horizon, Northwestern Mutual, Valero Energy, Bank of America, IBM, Raymond James, CBRE, McDonalds, Regions Bank, and Smith & Nephew just to name a few.
- Non-Cash Donations: There are tons of giving vehicles out there in the planned giving realm. Lakeshore accepts bequests, gifts of stock, IRAs, Life Insurance and Charitable Remainder Trusts. For more infomation, contact Jennie Dickerson at email@example.com or (731) 584-6102.
- Lakeshore Christmas Cards: Ok, this one will cost you a little cash, but if you’re sending Christmas cards already, the proceeds might as well go to a cause you love and support, right? Plus, look how peaceful Lakeshore looks in the snow. Download the Christmas card order form here.
“Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward all!”
Hear this greeting from Luke 2 that the multitude of angels sang to the shepherds to proclaim the birth of Christ.
This is an important season—one filled with family traditions, holiday cheer, gift-giving and lots of get-togethers. In the midst of the hustle and bustle of the season, try to take a few moments to reflect on the words the angels said here. As Christians, we are called to love and care for one another and give God the glory for all that we do.
This Christmas, Lakeshore is offering a tangible way to honor family and friends through a donation in their name. We will send a Christmas card with the verse from Luke inscribed on the inside, indicating that you made a gift in honor of everyone on your Christmas card list. We know that Lakeshore is often a family thing, whether biological or spiritual, and we hope you will enjoy sending greetings to loved ones with the serene view of the gazebo this season.
We are asking for a minimum donation of:
$7/card for blank cards and envelopes
$10/card for Lakeshore volunteers to inscribe and mail for your convenience
Download the Christmas card order form here. Order before December 15 to mail by Christmas!
When you run a summer camp with over 2,000 guests a summer and approximately 200 pool and aquatics activity periods, you will always need new life vests and inner tubes. With our ever expanding schedule of camps for 2017, we need your help to be able to purchase enough new equipment for the summer. This Giving Tuesday, help us prepare to have enough equipment for an expanding summer 2017 schedule by sponsoring a lazy river tube or a life vest.*
One of the pride and joys of Lakeshore is the lazy river at the water park. Every swim period, campers can’t wait to grab a tube and float around, make a tube chain, or connect two together for a chance for some real talk.
At waterfront, these types of life vests mean it’s time to try your hand at skiing, tubing or wakeboarding. Campers learn new water sports or show off their skills at something they already know. New life vests ensure we have enough in varying sizes to accommodate everyone simultaneously.
We are already deep into preparations for Summer 2017. Will you help come along with us this Giving Tuesday in support of new equipment? A gift of $35 will cover your choice of one life vest of inner tube. You may make this gift in honor of someone — a great tangible Christmas gift for the person on your list who has everything. We will send a card to the honored recipient. Mark one more person off your Christmas list and support Lakeshore for 2017.
Help support the campaign here: https://www.crowdrise.com/the-great-float-fundraiser
*Funds raised over our goal will go to purchase additional water front and pool equipment as needed.